The roots of Trouvay & Cauvin Group stretch back to 1881, with the founding of Trouvay & Cauvin in Le Havre, France, by Georges Trouvay and César Cauvin. The company began as an industrial supply store providing pipes, valves and gauges to the ocean liners that travelling between the French port city and New York...

 

1881
Georges Cauvin opens an industrial supply store in Le Havre, France. Cesar Cauvin joins the business 15 months later
1990
Trouvay & Cauvin its first valve factory
1920
First exclusive distributor of the revolutionary compressed gasket made from KLINGERIT
1921
The long-standing partnership with the Engineering Supplies company owned by the Del Pozo family is transformed into a merger with Trouvay & Cauvin, making the Trouvay, Cauvin, Del Pozo venture the largest distributor of KLINGERIT products in the world
1929
Became a licensed manufacturer of Klinger products
1956
Start of branch expansion in France to support the opening of oil refineries in Marseille, Lyon, Le Havre, Strasbourg, Nantes and other cities
1962
First operations in the Gulf
1967
Expansion in Gulf
1978
Trouvay & Cauvin Gulf opened as an independent company
1998
Creation of TCVAL joint venture with Vallourec, specializing in distribution of carbon steel process pipes
2002
Trouvay & Cauvin Gulf begins period of strong growth as a one-stop piping solutions provider
2008
International expansion gains speed
2010
Birth of Trouvay & Cauvin Holding Group. Offices opened in Thailand, India and Korea

Birth

Quite quickly the firm grew to become a recognized specialist in pipes, tubes, valves and other equipment for the oil & gas, water and building sectors – just as it is today – and became a leading manufacturer of valves.

Through the first half of the twentieth century, Trouvay & Cauvin focused on growth in France, becoming one of the country’s leading industrial companies with eight branches nationwide.

In the 1970s it became an active participant in the French civil nuclear energy program.

International expansion

The next chapter of Trouvay & Cauvin’s expansion is closely linked to the growth of the oil & gas industry. 1962 saw the beginning of operations in the Middle East, while in 1967, the firm expanded in Europe.

The 1970s was a period of significant expansion in the Middle East, with the development of facilities in Saudi Arabia and the opening of offices in Qatar, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain. In 1978 the Middle East offices were merged to create a single company called Trouvay & Cauvin Gulf, which was incorporated in Bahrain. This entity went on to be known as T&C Gulf.

Turbulent times

The slowdown in the energy sector between 1998 and 2000, and the subsequent collapse in investments, pushed the French parent company into liquidation in 2002.

During these trying times, Trouvay & Cauvin Gulf remained strong and financially healthy. It was untouched by the parent company’s woes, unlike many of the overseas subsidiaries, which were spun off in management buy-outs.

Renaissance

To find the true spirit of César Cauvin and Georges Trouvay today, you have to look no futher than Trouvay & Cauvin Group, which was founded after the merger of Trouvay & Cauvin Gulf, Trouvay & Cauvin Asia Pacific, Trouvay & Cauvin USA and Trouvay & Cauvin India.

Today Trouvay & Cauvin Group continues to build on the parent company’s original values and expertise. While other companies may sport the Trouvay & Cauvin name, only the “Group” signature gives you access to the strength of over USD40 million in permanent stock in three locations and USD 29 million in capital and retained earnings. Over the years it forged a reputation as being a trusted piping solutions partner for some of the world’s most ambitious oil & gas and infrastructure projects.

Tomorrow

The next chapter in the history of Trouvay & Cauvin Group is being written right now, as the company pursues an ambitious strategy of international growth.

In 2010 it opened new offices in USA, Thailand, India and South Korea. Its goal is to establish Trouvay & Cauvin Group as the global piping solutions provider of choice for the world’s major EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) contractors and major end users.